Hello there, I’m Dušan.
I study Computer Science at Faculty of Sciences, University of Novi Sad in Serbia. In my free time I work on open source software and servers. I like to explore new tech that makes peoples work easier and our environment cleaner and safer.
I’m on a few social networks like Mastodon and Twitter. My code can be found on GitHub or GitLab. For anything formal (or informal), send me an email on email@example.com or a message on Matrix @dsnsmc:matrix.org.
You can see stuff I use on my uses page.
I've worked mostly as a freelance developer with various technologies and a few small projects in academia. Also I'm currently working as a teaching associate at Faculty of Sciences, University of Novi Sad.
Teaching associate at Chair of Computer Science, Faculty of Sciences, University of Novi Sad since October 2022
- Data Structures and Algorithms 2 (IT202)
- System Programming (IT302)
- Computer Organisation (IT616)
App for maths education for AlumNode sponsored academic research project from February 2022 to May 2022
- Worked in a team of university professors from fields of mathematics, phsichology and pedagogy
- Mobile app design and development in Flutter
Freelance web development from June 2021 to April 2022
- PHP 7 website development and maintenance
- React.js with TypeScript web app development
Volunteer at Maker Fest from 2017 to 2019
- Organization and coordination of lectures and workshops
- Hardware and software presentations
- Lecture on "AI on the Edge"
Member of Civic assoication Maker since Spetember 2016
- Working with a team of industry experts, university professors and highschool teachers
- Workshop, meetup and festival organization and coordination
- Design and development LoRa network projects
- Full-stack applications in Go, Node.js, React.js and Vue.js
- System administration with Linux, Docker, Ansible and SELinux
I mostly write services and backend code in Go, but I've been experimenting with Next.js too. System administration and scripting is usually done with Ansilbe, Python and Bash/POSIX shell. I also contribute to a couple of open source projects and maintain several AUR and COPR packages.
I don’t write as much as I’d like to but I plan on posting some posts and tutorials in next few weeks and months. They will be mostly related to system administration, building custom distros (based on Fedora) and some web technologies I’m trying out.